So we are here to help you through the process from start to finish. We aim to make the home search and buying experience as enjoyable as possible, by offering clear guidance and providing all of the information you need to make a sound decision and find the home of your dreams. We commit to ensuring all property viewings are accompanied by one of our professional consultants so that they can answer all of the questions that you may have. We have even put together a ‘viewing checklist’ that you can download for each property to visit, to make sure that you do not miss anything and have a record of your viewings to discuss when you get home.
Download our guide HERE
Getting onto the property ladder in England can be challenging, but here are some steps that you can take to increase your chances of owning a home:
1. Save for a deposit: Saving for a deposit is essential as most mortgage lenders require a deposit of at least 5% of the property value. The more you can save, the better your chances of securing a mortgage.
2. Check your credit score: Your credit score plays a vital role in your ability to secure a mortgage. Make sure your credit score is in good shape before applying for a mortgage.
3. Research the market: Research the property market in the area you are interested in living. This will give you an idea of what type of property you can afford and help you avoid overpaying.
4. Get a mortgage agreement in principle: A mortgage agreement in principle (AIP) is a certificate that shows how much a lender is willing to lend you based on your income, credit score and other financial details.
5. Consider government schemes: The UK government offers several schemes to help first-time buyers get onto the property ladder, such as the Help to Buy scheme and Shared Ownership.
6. Be prepared to compromise: Be prepared to compromise on location, property size or other features to find a more affordable home.
7. Consider buying with others: Consider purchasing a property with family or friends. This will increase your available funds and make finding a more affordable home eaisier for everyone involved.
Remember, property is a significant investment, so it’s important to take your time, do your research, and seek professional advice when necessary.
There is a logical way to approach the buying process but many people go about it the wrong way, which can lead to disappointment. At Urban Property we always advise our customers to understand the best way to find a new home, and we have put together a comprehensive guide to help you along.